Yuvraj Singh Wiki:- Yuvraj Singh is a former Indian international cricketer who played in all formats of the game. He is an all-rounder who batted left-submitted the center request and bowled sluggish left-arm customary. He was born on 12 December 1981 in Chandigarh to former cricketer Yuvraj Singh and Shabnam Singh. He started his sports career with roller skating and tennis, and won the National U-14 Roller Skating Championship as a 10-year-old.
He made his international debut in 2000 against Kenya in the ICC KnockOut Trophy, and soon became a regular member of the Indian team. He played a crucial role in India’s victories in the 2002 NatWest Series, the 2007 ICC World Twenty20, and the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. He is widely regarded as one of the best limited-overs players of his generation.
Yuvraj Singh Wiki
Yuvraj Singh, the talented left-handed batsman of the Indian cricket team, hails from Chandigarh, India, born on December 12, 1981. His parents are Yograj Singh and Shabnam Singh. In his early years, he ventured into the world of cinema, playing child roles in two Punjabi films: “Putt Sardara” and “Mehndi Sajna Di.” However, his cricketing journey began in earnest when he received further training at the Elf-Vengsarkar Cricket Academy in Mumbai after his initial cricket education in Punjab.
Cricket was Yuvraj’s lifelong passion. During his childhood, he also displayed a keen interest in roller skating and tennis, achieving the distinction of winning the National U-14 Roller Skating Championship. Yet, his father’s unwavering commitment to cricket led him to discard Yuvraj’s skating medal, emphasizing the priority of cricket in his life.
Yuvraj Singh Wiki Details
|Yuvraj Singh Bhundel
|Date of Birth
|12 December 1981
|DAV Public School, Sector 8, Chandigarh
|Indian Cricketer (Batsman)
|Official Instagram id
Check Also:- Jabardasth Naresh Wiki, Biography
Yuvraj Singh Wiki Biography
|42 Years in 2023
|Chandigarh, Haryana, India
|Chandigarh, Haryana, India
|DAV Public School, Chandigarh
|Did not attend
|Non-Vegetarian (Not Sure)
|A tattoo with Roman ‘XII’ on his right-hand bicep
|Listening to Music, Travelling, and Watching films
|Chest– 41 inches
Waist- 34 inches
Biceps- 13 inches
Yuvraj Singh Education
|Dav Public School Chandigarh, India
|Dav College Punjab University Chandigarh
Visit Also:- Chandan Prabhakar Wiki, Biography
Yuvraj Singh Family And Relatives
|Yograj Singh (Actor, former, Cricketer and Coach)
|Amarjeet Kaur (Tennis Player)
|Zoravar Singh (Actor)
Marital Status And More
|Hazel Keech (30 November 2016)
Check Also:- Nitin Gadkari Wiki, Biography
Yuvraj Singh cricket journey commenced at the tender age of 11. His early breakthrough came when he represented Punjab Under-19 in matches against Himachal Pradesh during the 1996-1997 season. Yuvraj’s remarkable talent didn’t go unnoticed, and he earned the prestigious “Player of the Tournament Award” for his outstanding all-round performance at the Under 19 World Cup in 2000, garnering praise from all quarters. His debut in One-Day Internationals (ODIs) came against Kenya, and he left a lasting impression by helping defeat Team Australia in the same tournament, amassing 84 runs off 82 balls.
Yuvraj continued to make headlines in the ODI format, with his first century against Bangladesh. He followed this up with a stellar performance, scoring 139 runs off 119 balls against Australia. His quest for centuries continued as he notched up 114 runs off 110 balls against the West Indies. In a similar vein of excellence, Yuvraj was named the “Man of the Series” after scoring centuries in four out of the five matches he played in the series against Pakistan.
IPL Match Career
- Yuvraj’s IPL career can be described as somewhat underwhelming. Initially, he served as the captain of Kings XI Punjab during the first two seasons of the IPL. Yuvraj held the distinction of being one of the high-priced players for Kings XI Punjab, which naturally led to elevated expectations. However, despite these high hopes, Yuvraj struggled to deliver consistent performances during his tenure with the team.
- In 2011, a new IPL team, the Pune Warriors, made its debut, and Yuvraj was appointed as the captain of this franchise. Yuvraj’s move to Pune Warriors came with a fresh start, but his IPL journey remained mixed. He managed to accumulate 343 runs for Pune Warriors in 14 matches, demonstrating flashes of his talent but not consistently meeting the high standards that were anticipated from him.
Test Match Career
- On October 16, 2003, Yuvraj Singh made his debut in Test cricket, facing off against New Zealand. In this match, he stepped in for Sourav Ganguly. Yuvraj’s Test career saw him achieve a notable record, with three centuries and three half-centuries to his name. Interestingly, all three of his Test centuries were scored against arch-rivals Pakistan, making this accomplishment particularly remarkable.
T20 World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh played a pivotal role for Team India during the 2007 T20 World Cup. However, leading up to this tournament, there was a memorable incident in a seven-match series between India and England. In one of the matches, England’s Mascarenhas managed to hit Yuvraj for a remarkable five consecutive sixes in a single over, a moment that was hard for Yuvraj to accept.
- Despite this setback, the T20 World Cup began on September 12, 2007, with India facing off against England on September 19 in what was a highly anticipated encounter.
Check Also:- Jason Statham Wiki, Biography
Yuvraj Singh Favorite Things
|Shah Rukh Khan
|Dr. Manmohan Singh
|Gobhi Ka Paratha
|Favorite Comic Character
|Net worth in 2023
|$ 35 million
|Net worth in 2022
|$ 35 million
|Net worth in 2021
|$ 25 million
|Net worth in 2020
|$ 20 million
|Net worth in 2019
|$ 15 million
|Net worth in 2018
|$ 12 million
Yuvraj Singh Social Media Accounts
Yuvraj Singh Wiki FAQ’S
What is religion of Yuvraj Singh?
Early years and individual life. Singh was brought into the world in a Punjabi Sikh family to Yograj Singh, a previous India cricketer, and Shabnam Singh. Tennis and roller skating were Yuvraj’s #1 games during his experience growing up and he was very great at both. He had additionally won the Public Under-14 Roller Skating Title.
How does Yuvraj Singh bring in cash?
The significant piece of Yuvraj Singh’s pay comes from BCCI, IPL, and brand supports. In his ceremony, Yuvraj was quite possibly of the most generously compensated cricketer. Yuvraj likewise procures INR 1 crore consistently, taking his yearly income to INR 12 crore.