GATE Notification:- This is good news for students aspiring to take their engineering career to the next level. The announcement of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2024 has just been released by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore. Students can access it on IISc Bangalore official website and register. New engineering graduates or final year students can apply for this entrance test.
Students who pass the GATE 2024 Entrance Examination can enter M.Tech/M.E./Ph.D. programs have their GATE scores and also find good work in various Public Sector Undertaking(PSUs). Students can check more details about the GATE 2024 Notice by visiting the official website.
GATE Notification 2024
As per GATE 2024 announcement, registration for entrance exam is open from 24th Aug to 29th September as the registration form will be available on Bangalore IISc official website. Candidates who missed the initial deadline can still apply until October 13 for a late submission fee. GATE Notification 2024 entrance exam dates are set for February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2024. GATE 2024 exam time is usually in two terms: Forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 PM) and Afternoon (3:00 PM to 6:00 PM), varying based on the subject.
All GATE exams will be held at centers in India. This year, the review included 30 articles, up from 29 previously. Indeed, a new article on data science and artificial intelligence has been introduced to keep up with the latest technological advancements. This will bring more opportunities to the candidates. Candidates must pay a GATE exam fee of Rs 1800/- for the year 2024, up from the previous fee of Rs 1700/-.
GATE Notification Details
|Name of the Examination||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2024|
|Examination Commonly Known As||GATE 2024|
|GATE 2024 organized by Institute||Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore|
|GATE 2024 registration form is available from||August 24 to September 29|
|GATE 2024 registration form is available on||Official website of IISC Bangalore|
|GATE 2024 registration last date||October 13 with a late fee|
|GATE exam date 2024||February 3, 4, 10, & 11, 2024|
|Frequency of GATE Examination||Annual|
|GATE 2024 is managed by||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs: IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Delhi.|
|Purpose of GATE 2024 Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Mode of GATE 2024 Application||Online|
|GATE 2024 Examination Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Mode of GATE 2024 Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
|Number of GATE 2024 Papers||30|
|Validity of GATE 2024 Score/Grade||3 Years|
|Dates of GATE 2024 form correction||November 7 to 11, 2023|
|Release of GATE 2024 admit card 2024||January 3, 2024|
|Release of GATE 2024 response sheets||February 16, 2024|
|GATE 2024 answer key release date||February 21, 2024|
|GATE 2024 answer key challenge date||February 22 to 25, 2024|
|Date of Gate 2024 Result||March 16, 2024|
|Availability of GATE 2024 scorecard||March 23, 2024,|
|GATE 2024 Official website||gate2024.iisc.ac.in|
Check Also:- UPSC CSE Application Form 2023
GATE Notification 2024 Application Form
- Eligible GATE Notification 2024 candidates who wish to take the exam must first fill out an application form.
- Gate2024.iisc.ac.in. The application form will be released on August 24, 2023 as scheduled; y on the website.
- All candidates wishing to take the exam must check their eligibility before applying online and the application form must be completed by September 29, 2023.
- The application form will only be completed after the applicant has paid the application fee. One has to follow the complete process of the search form gate2024.iisc.ac.in and upload the correct documents required.
Eligibility Criteria of GATE 2024
- If you are a candidate taking the GATE Notification 2024 exam, you must meet the exam’s eligibility criteria.
- These criteria include degree, place of residence, age, etc.
- To be eligible, you must also register for the GATE 2024 entrance exam on the GATE 2024 official website ahead of time. The official GATE announcement has provided detailed information on eligibility for GATE 2024. You can apply for GATE 2024 if you meet the following criteria.
Read Also:- Bihar STET Application Form 2023
For Candidates Within India
- Applicants who are in the 3rd year or beyond of an undergraduate program.
- Applicants who have completed a government-approved degree in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Science, Technology, Arts, or Commerce.
For International Candidates
- Applicants who are in the 3rd year or more of a non-Indian bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates who have obtained at least 3 years of bachelor’s degree from a non-Indian institution in the fields of engineering technology, architecture, business, science or the arts. Get more updates on GATE Notification 2024 from the official website.
Also Check:- MZUEEE Application Form 2023
How To Apply GATE Notification 2023 Online?
- First of all, open the website search gate2024.iisc.ac.in on your device.
- On the homepage, click the Sign Up link.
- Fill in all the details in the registration form to receive your registration ID and password.
- Using the registration details, open the application form on your device.
- Now fill in the details in the application form and upload the required documents.
- Pay the subscription fee and get a confirmation on your device. Download the search form gate2024.iisc.ac.in to your device, then get a hard copy for future use.
Category-Wise Registration Fee For GATE 2024
Below are the GATE Notification 2024 registration fees for each category. If applicants miss the application deadline, they can submit it with the late submission fee also mentioned here.
|Category||Regular Fee||Late Fee|
|Female SC/ST/PWD (per paper)||Rs. 1400||Rs. 900|
|All other candidates including foreign nationals (per paper)||Rs. 1,800||Rs. 2,300|
Also Read:- IBPS Specialist Officer Online Form 2023
THE GATE 2024 Paper Format
The GATE Notification 2024 report is organized into two main sections: General Aptitude (GA) and subject(s) chosen by the candidate. In total, the GATE 2024 exam consists of 65 questions, with 10 questions in the General Competence (GA) section and 55 questions in the candidate-chosen section. Candidates will be asked to answer different types of questions, such as multiple choice questions (MCQs), multiple choice questions (MSQs) and numerical answer questions (NATs). This format ensures that their knowledge and skills are carefully assessed.
THE GATE 2024 Marking Scheme
In the GATE Notification 2024 exam, questions are awarded 1 mark or 2 marks.
- For Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), an incorrect answer is given a negative score.
If the MCQ is 1 point, an incorrect answer will deduct 1/3 of his points.
If the MCQ is 2 points, an incorrect answer will deduct 2/3 points.
However, there are no negative scores for multiple choice questions (MSQ) or numeric answer type (NAT) questions.
GATE Notification 2024 FAQ’S
Is GATE 2024 going to be conducted?
The exam will take place on February 3, 4, 10, and 11, 2024, and the results will be announced on March 16, 2024. NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru on Thursday released the schedule for the GATE 2024 exam.
What is the last date for GATE form 2024?
The GATE online application form 2024 will be available till September 29. However, the GATE 2024 registration last date with late fee is October 13. Direct link for GATE 2024 application form will be updated on this page soon after the official release.
Who will conduct GATE 2024 paper?
GATE 2024 is being conducted by IISc Bengaluru and seven IITs comprising IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee, on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.