B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani:- A Bachelor of Science online programme in Computer Science has been announced by Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani in conjunction with Coursera. Anyone who has successfully passed their 12th grade in any subject is welcome to enroll. Adults who are currently employed or college students who are interested are also acceptable.
Applications are now being taken for the November session of this course, which will be presented twice a year in November and July. Students will have three years to complete the programme at their own pace. The maximum amount of time for finishing the programme is six years. BITS Pilani Director of Off-Campus Programmes and Industry Engagement, Professor G. Sundar, recently voiced his enthusiasm for the school’s new collaboration with Coursera. We will benefit immensely from the vast resources available to online education providers. This can also help with some of the NEP’s objectives, like the globalisation of education.
B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani
Indian students must pay INR 3.1 lakh (about USD 4,000), while international students must pay USD 6,000. At this moment, there are no available scholarships. According B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani to Betty Vandenbosch, Chief Content Officer at Coursera, this is the first bachelor’s degree that an Indian university has ever offered.
According to the course’s directors, students will benefit from it in a variety of computer science-related fields. Once enrolled, students will gain knowledge of machine learning, algorithms, and data structures on a theoretical and practical level. According to NEP’s suggestion, students who leave the curriculum after two years are still eligible for a diploma.
B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani Details
|Article Name||B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani|
Table of Content
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Course and Fees 2023
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme All programs
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme All courses
What’s New At BITS Pilani Online Programme?
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is currently accepting applications. The early application date is October 17, 2022, while the final application deadline is November 25, 2022.
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Admission Dates 2022
On Coursera’s official website, applicants can submit an application for a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. The table below shows the application deadlines for the BITS Pilani Online Program in 2023.
|The early application deadline||17 Oct ’22|
|The final deadline to apply||25 Nov ’22|
|Beginning of Classes||30 Nov ’22|
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Table of content
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Highlights 2023
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Popular programs
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Application Process 2023
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Placements
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Rankings 2023
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Courses and Fees 2023
- BITS Pilani – Online Programme Infrastructure
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Highlights 2023
BITS Pilani was founded in 1964, has UGC approval, and has earned an A Grade from NAAC accreditation. Hyderabad, Goa, and Dubai are where the university’s other three campuses are situated. Students with backgrounds outside of science (from the humanities or business streams) or without a background in math can also apply for admission to the different courses offered by BITS Pilani – Online Program. A four-track online Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is being offered by BITS Pilani in partnership with Courser. For career-focused results, there are four paths available in Algorithms & Theoretical Computer Science, Databases and Data Analytics, Application Development (Full Stack), and Computing Systems and Systems Programming. According to the QS Asia University Rankings 2023, BITS Pilani is the only private university in India to receive a ranking. among the 200 best colleges.For the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program, there are no application fees. According to NIRF 2023, the university is rated 29 for BTech. The following table lists the key achievements of the BITS Pilani Online Program.
|Establishment year, Ownership type||1964, Private University|
|Top accreditations||A Grade by NAAC|
|Rankings (2022)||29 for BTech by NIRF|
|Flagship courses||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science|
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Placements
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Computer Science degree at BITS Pilani have access to employment assistance, resume evaluations, and other services.
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Rankings 2023
Online students can get a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from BITS Pilani. The BITS Pilani has received rankings from several ranking agencies over the past few years in a number of streams. In the table below, a few of the significant BITS Pilani rankings are listed:
|NIRF 2022 for BTech||29|
|QS Ranking 2023 in Asia||194|
|QS Ranking 2023 in World||1001-1200|
|The Week 2022 for BTech||7|
|NIRF 2022 under the University category||17|
|NIRF 2022 under the Overall category||26|
|NIRF 2022 for BTech||29|
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Courses and Fees 2023
Admission to the BITS Pilani Online Program for 2023 will be done online. Merit-based admissions are made in addition to taking the BITS’s Mathematics qualifying test. Only those candidates who lack a math background or who failed to receive the required grade in math in Class 12 will be required to take the Mathematics Qualifying Exam. An online three-year Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program is available from BITS Pilani. A student can obtain a Diploma in Software Development after completing two years of study. An additional four-year Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Hons) program is provided through BITS Pilani online program. Students who enroll in the BITS Pilani – Online Program have a variety of departure options. At the conclusion of the second year in this program, students can earn a diploma in software development. The following are some of the courses available through BITS Pilani online program, along with their corresponding eligibility requirements and costs:
|Courses||Total tuition Fees||Eligibility|
|B.Sc.(1 course)||3.1 L||10+2 : 60 %
Exams : CBSE 12th
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Infrastructure
BITS Pilani – Online Programme Course Fees 2023 Semester-Wise
Students who enroll in the BITS Pilani – Online Program have a variety of departure options. At the conclusion of the second year, students may graduate with a diploma in software development. The following table shows the semester-by-semester course costs for the BITS Pilani Online Program in 2023
|Tuition Fee (AY 22-23)||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6||Total|
|India||INR 52,167||INR 52,167||INR 52,167||INR 52,167||INR 52,167||INR 52,167||INR 3.13 lakh|
|Select countries||USD 667||USD 667||USD 667||USD 667||USD 667||USD 667||USD 4,000|
|Other regions||USD 1,000||USD 1,000||USD 1,000||USD 1,000||USD 1,000||USD 1,000||USD 6,000|
A 3-year online undergraduate programme in computer science is available through Coursera and is delivered by BITS Pilani. The BIT Pilani Online B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani Computer Science programme has been created to give students the in-demand skills they need to succeed in the data science, application development, software engineering, product management, and other fields. These skills include machine learning, human-computer interaction, database programming, and mobile application development. Students who enrol in the BITS Pilani Online B.Sc. Computer Science through Coursera will have access to case studies from business and academia, be able to work on practical projects, and address real-world issues.
Check Also:- BCA at Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- 100% online bachelor’s degree
- 25 hours of learning per week
- Live discussions
- 30 courses & 2 projects
- Hands-on learning from anywhere
- Q&A Sessions
- group discussions
- Job-ready skills
- BITS Alumni Status
Candidates must fulfil the following requirements in order to be eligible for the B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani programme:
- 10+2 in any stream from an accredited Central or State board in India, or its equivalent, is required.
- English language proficiency must be sufficient.
- Candidates who had “English” as a subject in class 10 will be given consideration.
- Must have taken Mathematics as one of your 12th-grade subjects and received at least a 60% in it.
- Candidates who did not take mathematics in class 12 or who did not achieve the required passing marks in the subject must take a qualifying exam in mathematics, which will be held by BITS.
For International Candidates
- Student must have passed the high school board’s qualifying exam for their nation or province.
- Must demonstrate sufficient English language ability by sending a current IELTS, TOEFL, or Duolingo scorecard with their application.
- Must have completed high school mathematics coursework with at least 60% of the possible points, or a minimum grade point average of 6 on a 10-point scale, in the last year.
- If applicants do not receive the required minimum passing score in the subject, they must take a qualifying exam in mathematics that will be offered by BITS.
Candidates may submit an online admission application if they wish to join in the B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani. They must fill out and submit an online application. When chosen, the BITS Pilani admissions office will send them an offer letter and directions on what to do next.
Step To Apply For Application Details
The steps for applying to the BITS Pilani Online BSc Computer Science programme are as follows:
- First of all, Visit the official URL – https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bachelor-of-science-computer-science-bits
- Make your way through the course.
- Select “Apply Now” from the menu.
- Enter the necessary data to finish the application.
- Include any pertinent documentation.
- Send the form in, then wait for the decision.
The core courses, foundational courses, and electives make up the B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani course curriculum. Additionally, it offers specialised paths in areas like application development, databases and data analytics, computing systems and systems programming, and algorithmic and theoretical computer science. There are two semesters in each academic year, and each semester lasts 22 to 26 weeks (5 to 6 months). Six courses will be offer each semester. The list of online BSc in computer science courses is show below:
- BCS ZC313 Introduction to Programming
- BCS ZC228 Introduction to Computing Systems
- BCS ZC216 Computer Systems and Performance
- BCS ZC215 Command Line Interfaces and Scripting
- BCS ZC311 Data Structures and Algorithms
- BCS ZC212 Algorithm Design
- BCS ZC316 Object Oriented Programming
- BCS ZC317 Relational Databases
- BCS ZC234 Programming for Mobile Devices
- BCS ZC238 Web Programming
- BCS ZC232 Operating Systems
- BCS ZC236 Software Design Principles
- BCS ZC214 Building Database Applications
- BCS ZC211 Software Development Practices
- BCS ZC231 Network Programming and Client-Server Programming
- BCS ZC222 Formal Languages and Applications
Every two weeks, the course’s online assessments are grade. Students must participate in homework, case studies, and lab activities throughout the semester. Additionally, a thorough final exam will be give by B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani at the conclusion of the course. The tests will be held remotely proctored online according to a schedule provided by BITS Pilani. The students need a computer or laptop with a webcam and internet access in order to take the final exam. The institute also regularly administers Practise exams or other evaluations so that students can evaluate their own academic progress.
B.Sc Computer Science at BITS Pilani FAQ’S
Is there B.Sc Computer Science in BITS Pilani?
The BIT Pilani Online B.Sc Computer Science has been designed to equip students with in-demand skills like Machine Learning, Human-Computer Interaction, Database Programming, and Mobile application development so that they can land lucrative jobs in Data Science, Application Development, Software Engineering, Product .
Is BSc Computer Science from BITS Pilani good?
Yes, the BITS Pilani online CS degree is genuine. It is advertised by the Birla Organized of Innovation and Science Pilani, a top-ranked college in India. The program is certify by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the All India Committee for Specialized Instruction (AICTE).
Is BITS Pilani good for BSc?
BITS Pilani is a preferred destination to recruit from, for a large number of companies. We feel validated in the quality of education and experience we provide to our students when a majority of our students are successfully placed on campus.