Bharathiar University:- A state university called Bharathiar University was founded by the Tamil Nadu government in accordance with the Bharathiar University Act of 1981. It has a CGPA of 3.11 and is certified with an A Grade by NAAC. It has 37 departments and 14 main schools. In the current, 132 colleges are connected with Bharathiar University.
The University provides entry to a number of PG and PhD programs by direct admission, state- or nationally-level entrance exams, or both. In one academic year, more than 2100 students may enroll in PG programmes.
Bharathiar University Coimbatore was founded in 1982 and has been granted approval by the UGC and NAAC accreditation with an A grade. Students at Bharathiar University Coimbatore can choose from undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and diploma programs in fields including management, science, engineering, education, journalism, and arts & humanities.
This institution has about 35 departments and over 140 associated colleges that provide these courses. The NIRF ranking of universities in 2024 placed Bharathiyar University at number 21. Additionally, it features a School of distant Education that provides undergraduate, graduate, and diploma programs through distant learning.
Bharathiar University Details
|Name Of The Article||Bharathiar University: Courses, Fees, Admission 2024, Result, Rankings, Placements|
|Established | Type||1982 | Public State University|
|Course Level||UG, PG, Diploma & Doctoral|
|Total Academic Departments||37|
|Admission Offered||Either merit or entrance based|
|Entrance Accepted||TANCET / CET / GAT-B Entrance|
|Application Fee||INR 400|
|Facilities||Library, Sports, Computers, WiFi, etc.|
Check Also:- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Bharathiar University Important Dates
|Last date for Registration of Online Applications and Certificate Uploading (MCA / MBA)||June 25, 2024|
|Publication of Rank List (MCA / MBA)||July 14, 2024|
|Grievances Redressal (MCA / MBA)||July 15, 2024- July 18, 2024|
|Counselling for Special Reservation categories ( Differently Abled) In-person Mode at GCT, Coimbatore (MCA / MBA)||July 21, 2024|
|Commencement of Choice filling and Payment for MCA Counselling||July 23, 2024- July 25, 2024|
|Publication of MCA Allotment List||July 26, 2024|
|Last date for Confirmation of Allotment||July 27, 2024|
|Publication of MCA Provisional allotment||July 28, 2024|
|Commencement of Choice filling and Payment for MBA Counselling||July 29, 2024- Aug 01, 2024|
|Publication of MBA Allotment List||Aug 02, 2024|
|Last date for Confirmation of Allotment||Aug 03, 2024|
|Publication of MBA Provisional allotment||Aug 04, 2024|
|Supplementary Counselling (MCA) In-person Mode at GCT, Coimbatore||2024|
|Supplementary Counselling (MBA) In-person Mode at GCT, Coimbatore||Aug 08, 2024|
|SCA to SC Counselling (MCA / MBA) In-person Mode at GCT, Coimbatore||Aug 10, 2024|
|End of Counselling||Aug 10, 2024|
|Last Date to Apply for M.Phil and Ph.D. programs||June 30, 2024|
Table of content
- Bharathiar University Highlights 2023
- Bharathiar University Popular programs
- Bharathiar University Admission Dates 2023
- Bharathiar University Cutoff 2023
- Bharathiar University Placements 2023
- Bharathiar University Rankings 2023
- Bharathiar University Student Reviews
- Bharathiar University Courses and Fees 2023
- Bharathiar University Scholarships 2023
- Bharathiar University Infrastructure
- Bharathiar University Faculty
- Bharathiar University Notable Alumni
- Bharathiar University Affiliated Colleges
Bharathiar University Rankings
One of the top institutions in India is Bharathiar University, a public university in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. When compared to earlier rankings, it has significantly improved and advanced. When comparing its ranks, NIRF 2024 placed it 38th in research, 21st in universities, and 36th overall. According to the QS Global Ranking 2024, Bharathiar University was placed 205 among Asian universities and 36 among universities in Southern Asia. Additionally, the university was given a 2024 Times Higher Education ranking of 801–1000. Bharatiar University is placed 10th among the Top Multi-Disciplinary Universities in India in The Week 2024 Rankings. According to the CWUR 2024 Ranking, Bharathiar University achieved World Rank 1665 and National Rank 48. The university has received good national rankings in recent years. Following is a synopsis in more detail:
Check Here:- Jamia Hamdard University
Bharathiar University Courses Offered
The following courses are available for enrollment at Bharathiar University.
|Course Level||Course Details||Selection Basis|
|UG||B.Voc Duration: 3 years Specializations: Business Process and Data Analytics / Multimedia and Animation Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from a recognised Board.||Merit Based|
|B.P.Ed Duration: 3 years Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from a recognised Board.||Entrance Based|
|PG||M.Sc / MA / M.Com / M.Lib.I.Sc / M.Ed / MJMC / MSW Duration: 2 years Specializations: Sociology, Women’s Studies, CS / IT / DA / Tamil, Linguistics, Economics, etc. Eligibility: Passed bachelor’s from a recognised university.||Merit Based|
|MBA Duration: 2 years Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from a recognised Board.||TANCET scores|
|MCA / M.Sc / M.P.Ed Duration: 2 years Specializations: P/C/M/B/Z, Statistics, Cyber Security, Biotech, Microbio, Biochem, Eng Literature, etc. Eligibility: Passed bachelor’s from a recognised institution / university.||Entrance Based|
|PG Diploma||Duration: 2 years Specializations: Cheminformatics, Educational Administration, Cognitive System, etc. Eligibility: Passed bachelor’s from a recognised university.||Merit Based|
Bharathiar University Admission
Applications for admission to Bharathiar University are accepted both online and offline.
- Students can pick up an application form in person by bringing their community certificate and the request for application to the university office.
- Along with the application form, the candidate must send a self-addressed envelope (28 x 13 cm) and a stamp of Rs. 60.
- A completed application form may be downloaded from the university website and submitted together with a DD for INR 400.
- Application forms must be delivered to the professor and head of department with the DD, both fully completed.
Through the official website, applicants can also register online for admission to university courses. When applying online, candidates need meet the following requirements:
- Valid Email ID.
- Soft Copy Passport size Photograph
- Demand Draft of INR 400 as application fee for OC / BC / MBC / DNC candidates.
- On presentation of an authenticated photocopy of the community certificate, SC/ST candidates must also provide a demand draft for INR 200 as their application fee.
Note:- During online registration, the candidate must provide an accurate Demand Draft number, bank, and date.
Bharathiar University Infrastructure/Facilities
Bharathiar University is situated in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, over 780 acres of land. On its campus, it also has a hospital and a hostel that provide students with access to both medical care and lodging options. In a collaborative venture with the DRDO and the Government of Tamilnadu, it has also created a Centre for Life Sciences to do research in cutting-edge fields of Life Sciences and other interdisciplinary fields linked to defense.
Candidates attending Bharathiar University to pursue higher education have access to the following amenities:
located in the foothills of the Western Ghats, 12 kilometers from Coimbatore, on a 778.89-acre campus. It is conveniently located near commuter routes, sporting venues, post offices, etc.
library of Bharathiar University includes more than 1,73,823 books across all subject areas. The library has subscriptions to 10 top newspapers, 150 magazines, 9,134 back volumes, 278 annual reports, and 150 national and international journals. The library offers reprographic services, an online catalog, etc. It belongs to the consortium UGC – INFLIBNET – INFONET E-Journal. Through 40 Systems in the UGC-INFLIBNET Digital Library e-Journal area, separate internet connectivity is accessible for access to more than 11,000 titles of journals from 19 National and International publishers and aggregators.
The library of Bharathiar University has a collection of more than 1,90,000 books, providing students with a wide range of references. The library has a recent RFID upgrade to its catalog system as well as a number of electronic resources.
At its Internet Center, which also has a web camera, photocopying equipment, and printing capabilities, there is 1 GBPS broadband access. Each department’s students and faculty members have exclusive access to LAN and WiFi.
For the use of both students and professors, the university provides a health center and a sports stadium. a spa, a gym, and a pool are all included.
Table of Content
- Bharathiar University Course and Fees 2023
- Bharathiar University Admission dates 2023
- Bharathiar University All programs
- Bharathiar University All courses
- Bharathiar University Student reviews
Bharathiar University Courses Fees & Eligibility
|M.Sc||₹19,280 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|MBA||₹41,500 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + TANCET|
|M.Phil.||₹9,400 (Total Fees)||Post Graduation|
|Ph.D||₹18,400 (1st Year Fees)||Post Graduation|
|MA||₹10,000 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|B.P.Ed||₹18,360 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 or Graduation|
|MSW||₹16,000 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
Table Of Content
- Bharathiar University BCA Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University MCA Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University B.Sc. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University MBA/PGDM Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.Sc. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University B.Com Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University B.A. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University BBA Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.A. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University PG Diploma Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.Com Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University MSW Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University UG Diploma Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University Ph.D. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.Phil Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University B.Voc Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University B.P.Ed Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.J.M.C. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University Certificate Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University BPT Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University BSW Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University MHA Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.P.Ed Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.Ed Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University M.Lib.I.Sc. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University Executive MBA/PGDM Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University BCT & CA Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University BHM Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University B.Lit. Admissions 2023
- Bharathiar University BBM/BMS Admissions 2023
Bharathiar University Admissions 2024
At the postgraduate and doctoral levels, Bharathiar University offers a number of courses on a range of topics. The institution also offers a range of PG Diploma programs and remote learning courses, including UG programs. M.Ed., PG Diploma in Guidance & Counseling, and Educational Administration admissions are now available. Following the guidelines provide in the official admission notice, interest students may submit their applications online. The university’s reservation policies reflect the guidelines set forth by the Indian government.
- Selection to the PG programs is made on the basis of either passing grades (direct admission) or performance in an entrance exam held by the institution.
- TANCET scores are taken into account for the MBA program, and Government College of Technology, Coimbatore will conduct centralize counseling to determine admissions.
- CET scores are use to determine admission to MCA and 17 other programs, including M.Sc., B.P.Ed., M.P.Ed., and MA in English Literature. The appropriate Bharathiar University Departments organize the entrance.
- For DBT-sponsor applicants, admission to the M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology program is base on GAT-B entrance exam results.
- Admissions are base on merit for around 37 programmes, including PG Diploma programs in several areas. The direct admission option is contingent upon both the fundamental qualifying requirements being met.
- The head of the relevant department will accept complete applications that have been submit with the requisite fee. Interest applicants can also apply online or download an application form from the university website.
Check Here:- KIIT University
Bharathiar University Result
For UGC ADDON Course & Diploma/PG Diploma programs conduct in April 2024, Bharathiar University Result 2024 has been made available on the university’s official website at b- u.ac.in. Candidates may also view the direct link to the Bharathiar University Result 2024 from the reference table below!
According to the test schedule, the Bharathiar University exam authority announces the results for a variety of PG and UG programs, including BA, B.Sc., B.Com, CPP, SDE, and CCII programs, for all associate colleges. By visiting the university website at b-u.ac.in and clicking on the most recent result release link provide under the notification area, applicants may check and download their individual result status after it has been release.
Bharathiar University Scholarships
Following are the Scholarship Programs which are running in the university for the students:
Government of Tamil Nadu Post Matric Scholarships (BC-MBC student/scholar Candidates)
A minimum of 75% of their require attendance from the previous academic year should have been obtain. Parents’ annual income should be less than INR 1,000,000.
Higher Educational Special Loan Scholarship (SC-ST Converted Christian Students)
Candidates should be residing in the dorm at the university. The parents’ combine annual income should not exceed INR 50,000.
Government Of Indian Scholarship (SC-ST Converted Christian Adi-Dravidar Students)
Candidates must have achieve a minimum of 75% attendance in their most recent academic year. For SC and ST applicants with an annual income below INR 1,08,000, the parents’ combine income must be less than INR 1,00,000.
One of the online courses offered by Bharathiar University is the bachelor of business administration (BBA). The goal of the Bharathiar University Online BBA program is to prepare students to contribute positively to business, commerce, and industry on both a national and international scale. The Bharathiar University Online BBA is a six-semester program that gives students a strong basis for pursuing professions in business.
Participants in the Bharathiar University’s BBA online program in Coimbatore have the option of continuing their education with an MBA, MCA, M.Phil., or PhD as well as research. Students who earn an online BBA from Bharathiar University will develop the skills, information, and attitude necessary to creatively and methodically apply management, finance, and accounting concepts and practices in today’s businesses. Graduates of the Bharathiar University BBA Online program may choose to work as a marketing manager, business consultant, entrepreneur, and other occupations.
- UGC approved online degree
- Online lectures
- e-Text materials
- Comprehensive curriculum
- Credit-based courses
- discussion forum
- Semester-end online examination
Participants must be eligible for the Bharathiar University BBA online program in order to enroll in the Bharathiar University online BBA course. The following criteria must be met to be eligible for the BBA program at Bharathiar University:
- Aspiring candidates should have completed a diploma, High School Education (HSE), pre-degree, or senior secondary in any stream in order to be eligible for admission to the Bharathiar University online BBA program.
- They should have passed the qualifying test from a reputable board with at least passing grades.
Candidates who meet the requirements for the Bharathiar University’s online BBA program can submit an online admissions application. They must complete and submit an online application form with their personal and academic information. They must also submit papers online and pay the application cost. An SMS with information on the online BBA at Bharathiar University pricing structure will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number when the university official has reviewed and validated the application. Candidates will receive confirmation of their provisional admission after paying their Bharathiar University Online BBA tuition.
The following methods can be used to apply for the Bharathiar University’s online BBA program:
- The official webpage may be found at https://sde.b-u.ac.in/SSS/OLP/.
- choose and satisfy the prerequisites for the online BBA program at Bharathiar University.
- Fill out the online application form.
- the necessary paperwork online
- Utilize UPI, Net Banking, Credit or Debit Cards to pay the application cost.
- After selection, pay the Bharathiar University online BBA tuition in accordance with the university’s fee schedule.
Bharathiar University Faculty Details
Dr. V. Kubendran
- Professor, Department Of Management & Entrepreneur Development
- Qualification – M.Phil, Ph.D
- Academic Experience – 22 Years
Dr. R. Sathishkumar
- Associate Professor, Department Of Biotechnology
- Qualification – M.Phil, Ph.D
- Academic Experience – 10 Years
Dr. T. Selvaraju
- Associate Professor, Department Of Chemistry
- Qualification – B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D
Dr. M. Dhaabhakyam
- Associate Professor, Department Of Commerce
- Qualification – M.Phil, Ph.D, MBA, MCA
- Academic Experience – 21 Years
Dr. M. Punithavalli
- Associate Professor, Department Of Computer Applications
- Qualification – M.Phil, Ph.D
- Academic Experience – 20 Years
Dr. R. Porkodi
- Assistant Professor, Department Of Computer Science
- Qualification – M.Phil, Ph.D
- Academic Experience – 15 Years
Dr. B. Vanitha
- Professor, Department Of Economics
- Qualification – BA, MA, M.Phil, Ph.D
Dr. P. Janardhana Kumar Reddy
- Associate Professor, Department Of Education
- Academic Experience – 14 Years
Dr. P. Nagaraj
- Assistant Professor, Department Of English
- Qualification – M.Phil, Ph.D
- Academic Experience – 20 Years
Dr. T. Parimelazhagan
- Professor, Department Of Botany
Check Here:- Jamia Hamdard University
Table of Contents
- Bharathiar University Placement Report 2023: Highlights
- Bharathiar University Average Package 2023
- Bharathiar University Batch Placed 2023
- Bharathiar University Placement Brochure 2023
- Bharathiar University Alumni Placements
Bharathiar University Final Placements 2024
869 out of 1,329 UG and PG students were place at Bharathiar University Coimbatore placements in 2024, according to the NIRF report 2024. During placements in 2024 , the median compensation provide to UG (3-year) and PG (2-year) students was INR 2.80 LPA and INR 6.60 LPA, respectively. Candidates may see the NIRF report 2024 until the institution issues the official placement report 2024.
- The median compensation provide to UG (3-year) students during placements in 2024 has increase by over 17% compare to 2024.
- The median package provide to PG (2-year) students during placements in 2024 has increase by 3% from 2024.
Bharathiar University Placement Report 2024
The key characteristics of placements at Bharathiar University are shown in the table below.
|Parameter||Statistics (2022)||Statistics (2024)|
|UG (3-year) median package||INR 2.40 LPA||INR 2.80 LPA|
|PG (2-year) median package||INR 6.40 LPA||INR 6.60 LPA|
|UG (3-year) placement rate||53%||53%|
|Pg (2-year) placement rate||64%||67%|
Courses Offered By Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
Master of Science [M.Sc]
[MBA] Master of Business Administration
Master of Philosophy [M.Phil]
Master of Arts [MA]
- ₹ 50.58 K
Bharathiar University FAQ’S
Is Bharathiar University degree valid?
Yes, Bharathiar University Distance Education is approved by UGC (University Grants Commission) and the degree obtained through it is valid all over India.
Is Bharathiar University a good university?
Bharathiar University is consistently securing good position in rankings among the top Universities in India. National Institutional Ranking Framework our university stands at 21 st position among Indian Universities and 36 th position in the overall category, for the year 2024.
Is Bharathiar University government or private?
Bharathiar University is a public state university in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. Named after Tamil poet Subramania Bharati, the university was established in February 1982 under the provision of Bharathiar University Act, 1981 (Act 1 of 1982) and was recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 1985.