PMAY Urban 2023- The main goal of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban), sometimes referred to as PMAY-Urban or PMAY HFA, was to provide housing for the MIG and EWS/LIG classes when it was launched by the Indian government in 2015. A dwelling for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) may have a maximum carpet area of 30 square metres, per PMAY Urban norms; however, States and Union Territories (UTs) may alter this limit in consultation with the Ministry. Check out the highlights, objectives, features, eligibility requirements, eligibility for EWS, LIG, MIG I, and MIG II under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban, guidelines, steps to apply for PMAY Urban, steps to check the status of your PMAY application, and much more by reading the information below.
PMAY Urban 2023
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAYU) programme, which is implemented in urban areas, aims to provide “Housing for All.” Central government and local government support would be given to the States and Union Territories of India for the implementation of the PMAY Urban plan. 1.) The government will provide a 6.5% interest subsidy to the Low Income Group (LIG) and the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). 2.) 4% and 3.3%, respectively, for Middle Income Groups I and II on house loans acquired by eligible recipients under the Credit Linked Serviced Scheme (CLSS), with a 20-year duration.
Ground floor allocations in PMAY Urban Scheme dwellings must take into account the needs of the elderly and disabled as well as environmentally responsible construction methods. In order to provide “Housing for All” in urban areas, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban initiative has approved the construction of 1.05 crore dwellings, giving the city’s impoverished residents access to reasonably priced housing.
PMAY Urban Details
|Full Form||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban|
|Objective||providing homes to the MIG and EWS/LIG groups|
Check Also:- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana Online Apply 2023
PMAY Urban Objective
The following are some of the main goals of PMAY Urban, also known as the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- The goal of the Indian government’s Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban programme is to close the housing supply and demand mismatch by providing housing for all people living in urban areas.
- Encouraging the least fortunate members of society to live in affordable housing through the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
- To allow private developers to build pucca homes for the occupants of the slums.
- To give qualifying families financial assistance for the construction of new dwellings.
Features of PMAY Urban
The following are some of the PMAY Urban’s salient characteristics:
- Depending on their income level, beneficiaries might receive a 6.5% interest rate subsidy on housing loans.
- Ground-floor accommodations will be given preference to senior persons and those with disabilities.
- One can get a loan to build a house or to purchase an existing one.
- A loan’s maximum term is 20 years.
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly technologies will be used for the buildings.
- Basic utilities including gas, electricity and water hookups will also be offered.
Read Also:- BSNL Complaint Register Online 2023
Eligibility Criteria for PMAY Urban
The following eligibility requirements must be met by applicants for PMAY Urban:
- You cannot own a home anywhere in the nation.
- You have never before benefited from any other program’s housing help.
- If you are applying as a married couple or joint owner, the grant will be given as one.
Eligibility for EWS, LIG, MIG I, & MIG II under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): Those whose household income is Rs. 3 lakh or less are classified as members of the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). Nonetheless, you have to provide the required paperwork in order to apply for benefits under the EWS category. A maximum of thirty square metres of carpet may be used.
- Low Income Group (LIG): Those whose family income falls between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 6 lakh per month are included in this category. You must provide an income certificate or other documentation of your income in order to be eligible for the benefits. Under the PMAY Urban Scheme, the maximum carpet area allowed in this category is 60 square metres.
- Mid Income Group (MIG) I: Those who earn less than Rs 12 lakh annually are included in this group. You can apply for a loan of up to Rs. 9 lakh to purchase or construct a house measuring 160 square metres.
- Mid Income Group (MIG) II: You may apply for a house under the PMAY Urban Scheme if your annual household income is between Rs. 12 lakh and Rs. 18 lakh, which is the range of the Mid Income Group (MIG) II. A home loan up to Rs 12 lakh is available for properties up to 200 square metres in size.
Also Check:- TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status 2023
PMAY Urban Guidelines
The following are PMAY Urban requirements:
- The husband and wife, along with any unmarried sons or daughters, make up the beneficiary family.
- Recipients ought not to have taken use of any other government housing programme assistance.
- In any part of India, no family member may own a pucca house registered in their name.
- Regardless of their marital status, an adult household member will be classified as a separate household if they do not own a pucca house in any part of India.
- It is legal for married couples to own one house, either together or separately.
- Aadhaar numbers for family members must be provided while applying for a loan.
Steps to Apply for PMAY Urban Scheme Online
The user must take the actions listed below in order to apply online for the PMAY Urban Scheme:
- Visit PMAY Urban’s official website first at https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- The website’s home page will appear on the screen.
- Open the official website and log in.
- Select the Slum Dwellers or Benefits Under 3 Components option under Citizen Assessment now.
- Next, provide the Name and your Aadhaar number.
- After that, the system will confirm your Aadhaar information.
- Now, complete the form with all necessary information.
- Enter the captcha code after that.
- To finish the application procedure, click the submit button.
Also Read:- E Shram Card Payment 2023
Steps to Check the PMAY Application Status
The user must take the actions listed below in order to check the status of their PMAY application:
- First of all, go to https://pmaymis.gov.in/ to access PMAY Urban’s official website.
- Click Track your Assessment Status under the Citizen Assessment.
- The screen will refresh and a new page with two choices to verify the status will appear.,
- By Assessment/Application ID
- By entering your Name, Father’s Name, and your registered Mobile Number.
- After choosing an option, fill in the corresponding information.
- When you’re done, click the Search button to view the status on the screen.
PMAY Urban 2023 FAQ’S
Can we apply for PMAY Urban in 2023?
The Union Cabinet has decided to extend the deadlines for the PMAY-Urban and PMAY-Rural until December 31, 2024.
Is PMAY extended for urban areas?
The Union Cabinet approved continuation of PMAY-U up to 31st December 2024 with all verticals, except CLSS, for the completion of already sanctioned houses till 31st March 2022.
Who is eligible for PMAY urban eligibility?
To be eligible for the scheme, individuals must not own a permanent house in any part of India.