NIPUN Bharat Mission Lakshya Yojana –Development in the field of education is the most important development for the nation. In order to further promote the field of education, a new education policy was launched by the Government of India, under which many changes have been made in the field of education, for the successful implementation of the new education policy. The Government of India is making various efforts for this, due to these efforts, the Government of India has started the Nipun Bharat Scheme, through which the goal of this scheme is to spread the knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy to the students. If you want to get more information then read our article till the end.
NIPUN Bharat Mission Lakshya Yojana 2023
- 1 NIPUN Bharat Mission Lakshya Yojana 2023
- 2 NIPUN Bharat Mission Lakshya Yojana 2023 Details
- 3 Launching of NIPUN Bharat Mission
- 4 What is foundational literacy and numeracy?
- 5 NIPUN Bharat Mission Types of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
- 6 Focus on student’s learning: –
- 7 Introduction of the scheme
- 8 Foundational language and literacy understanding within Jana
- 9 Core components of foundational language and literacy
- 10 Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
- 11 Conclusion
Nipun Bharat Yojana has been launched by the Ministry of Education on 5th July. The full name of this scheme is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy. An enabling environment will be created through NIPUN Bharat Mission. Through which knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy can be imparted to the students. Through the Nipun Yojana, by 2026-27, every child will be provided with the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic by the end of third grade. The scheme will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
This NIPUN Bharat Mission school education program will be a part of Samagra Shiksha. For the implementation of this scheme, 5 feminine systems will be established in all the states and union territories. This 5 tier system will be operated at National-State-District-Block-School level. This scheme has been launched for the successful implementation of the National Education Policy.
NIPUN Bharat Mission Lakshya Yojana 2023 Details
|Scheme Name||NIPUN Bharat Mission|
|Scheme Type||central government scheme|
|start date||5th July|
|Nipun Bharat Guidelines||click this|
Launching of NIPUN Bharat Mission
On June 20, 2022, Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has decided to launch Nipun Yojana for construction workers. This scheme will be implemented under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana, through which training will be provided to one lakh construction workers. Union Minister Hardeep Puri also talked to various beneficiaries of the scheme on the occasion of the launch of this scheme. With the operation of this scheme, the skill of the construction workers will be increased. So that they will get employment. This scheme will prove effective in increasing employment opportunities. About 80000 construction workers will be provided onsite training under this scheme.
- Apart from this, 14000 beneficiaries will be provided training related to plumbing and other businesses. All these courses will be conducted under the National Skill Qualification Framework. With the operation of this scheme, about 12000 citizens of the country will get employment in other countries. Apart from this, skill insurance will also be provided under this scheme. Under which there is accidental insurance for 3 years. In case of an accident, ₹ 200000 will be provided under this insurance.
- Apart from this, various digital skills will also be provided to the construction workers. A project committee will be constituted under additional secretary cum mission director. Through which this scheme will be monitored. National real estate developers association and confederation of real estate developers association of India will also participate in the operation of this scheme.
What is foundational literacy and numeracy?
Foundational literacy and numeracy are the skills and strategies through which students are able to read, write, speak and interpret. Basic literacy becomes the basis for getting education in future. All children who are able to acquire basic literacy and numeracy skills by grade three are better equipped to read the curriculum for subsequent grades. Keeping this in mind, the Skilled India Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Education. Through NIPUN Bharat Mission, basic literacy and numeracy will be developed among the students of class III. So that in the coming time, they do not have to face any obstacle in getting education. Apart from this, the following areas will also be given attention under the Nipun scheme.
- school education
- teacher capacity building
- Development of high quality and diverse student and teacher resources/learning materials
- monitoring children’s progress towards education etc.
NIPUN Bharat Mission Types of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
NIPUN Bharat, the flagship program of the Government of India to provide education to all children, is making strides in teaching foundational literacy and numeracy skills. Mission types like “Kishore”, “Tula”, and “Mukhyamantri”, provide a variety of learning opportunities for students. In this article, we take a look at the different types of foundational literacy and numeracy education that are being offered under the NIPUN Bharat mission. We also provide tips on how you can make sure your child is getting the most out of this important program.
Foundational Language and Literacy-
- oral language development
- phonemic awareness
- reading comprehension
- read flow
- concept about print
- culture of reading
Basic Numeracy and Maths Skills
- pre number concepts
- number and operation on number
- mathematical techniques
- Size and Spatial Society
Objective of NIPUN Bharat Mission
The main objective of Nipun Bharat Yojana is to develop basic literacy and numeracy knowledge among the students. Through this scheme, by the end of third grade by the year 2026-27, the student will get the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. This scheme will prove to be very effective for the development of children. Through the Nipun Bharat Yojana, children will now be able to acquire basic literacy and numeracy knowledge in time. So that their mental and physical development will happen. NIPUN Bharat will be conducted by the Department of Education and Literacy. This scheme will be a part of school education program Samagra Shiksha. This scheme has been started under the new education policy. Through the Nipun Bharat Yojana, children will also be able to understand the logic of numbers, measurement and shape area.
Implementation of NIPUN Bharat Mission
Different targets will be set at the state level to achieve the target of Nipun Bharat Yojana by the year 2026-27. The progress of all these targets will be monitored by the nodal department. Apart from this, financial and technical assistance will also be provided to the state under overall education for the implementation of this scheme. Plans will be made by the states and union territories to achieve their targets. So that the target of basic literacy and numeracy can be achieved by the year 2026-27. The activities of this scheme will be monitored through IT based resources at national level, state level and district level. Which will also include monitoring of children at the field level. Further, the monitoring framework proposed under this scheme is divided into two types. Which is annual monitoring survey and concurrent monitoring.
Focus on student’s learning: –
There are many students in our country who are first generation learners. It is difficult for all such students to get education. Because they do not get the environment of education at home. That is why teachers need to pay extra attention to the students. It is necessary to pay attention to the following things while imparting education by the teacher.
- Show respect and reasonable expectations from boys and girls.
- Selecting gender-free books, pictures, posters, toys, etc.
- Teachers should not try to make gender biased statements while talking in the classroom.
- Selecting stories and poems in which girls and boys are presented in normal roles.
- Encouraging the learners to follow their interest.
The school plays a very important role in ensuring the quality and equity of education. To send the student to the school, the student should have minimum skills and knowledge. A 3-month school preparation module has been kept under the National Education Policy. Through which children will be able to get pre school education and will also be able to prepare themselves for going to school.
Assessment of Learning
Different types of new things are learned by the student through education. Due to which the physical and mental development of children takes place. Assessment is done to assess this development. So that the success of the student can be tracked. A variety of techniques are used to make this assessment. So that the interests and preferences of the student can be identified. Apart from this, by assessing the performance of children, they can be prepared through intervention and it can also be ensured that children are not facing any difficulty in learning and by identifying such difficulties, those difficulties can be removed.
Part of NIPUN Bharat Mission
Nipun Bharat Yojana has been divided into 17 parts by the government. This part is something like this.
- Understanding Basic Language and Literacy
- Basic Numeracy and Maths Skills
- Shifting to Competency Based Education
- Education and Learning: A focus on children’s potential and development
- learning assessment
- Teaching-learning Process: Role of Teacher
- preparing for school
- National Mission: Aspects and Approaches
- mission strategic plan
- Role of various stakeholders in mission implementation
- Academic literature through SCERT and DIET
- DIKSHA/NDEAR: Leveraging: A Repository of Digital Resources
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
- mission stability
- Need for Research, Evaluation and Documentation
Introduction of the scheme
This scheme has been started by the government for the successful implementation of the National Education Policy. Through this scheme, attention will be paid to basic literacy and numeracy. So that by the year 2026-27, every child can get the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic by the end of third grade. For the implementation of NIPUN Bharat, a 5-tier system will be set up in all the states and union territories. This 5 feminine system will be operated at International-State-District-BlockZSchool level. This scheme will be operated by the Ministry of Education. The full name of Nipun Yojana is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy.
National Perspective of Skilled India Scheme
- pay attention to lot of education
- focus on quality of education
- focus on the magnitude of children’s learning
- Measuring Achievement of Learning Dimensions
National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
To maintain the quality of education and to achieve the target of basic literacy, it has been decided to set up a National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy under the National Education Policy and Antarmanirbhar Bharat Campaign. The objective of this mission will be achieved by 2026-27. Through which every child will be provided with foundational literacy and numeracy knowledge by the end of grade 3. Every effort will be made to achieve this national goal at all district levels. Children in the age group of 3 years to 9 years will be included under this mission. This mission will be operated under Samagra Shiksha.
Foundational language and literacy understanding within Jana
It is very important for children to have a basic language and literacy understanding. Through which he will be able to get better education in future. A survey was conducted by NCERT. Through which it was found that children are not able to read the text with understanding even after getting education till fifth grade. Keeping this in mind, it has been decided to focus on basic language and understanding of literacy under Niparna Bharat Yojana. So that children can understand and get education in the coming time. The quality of education will also improve through this scheme.
Basic language and literacy requirement
- To develop a strong foundation of language, literacy and mathematical skills in the early years to enable them to pursue a better education in the future.
- Early literacy development has a very important role in the brain development of students.
- As part of the Mathura Pilot Project findings, after providing foundational language and literacy to students, children could read with comprehension.
- 85% of children’s brain development takes place by the age of 6, due to which it is very important to provide them with early basic language and literacy.
Primary Language and Literacy
Language is more than just speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through language a person can communicate, thought make sense of the world. It is very important for the students to have an understanding of the language at the initial level. To understand the language it is important to understand the following part.
- reading and writing comprehension
- concept of writing in class
- To develop writing skills during the early education period through emergent writing, conventional writing and writing composition
Core components of foundational language and literacy
- oral language development
- reading comprehension
- concept about print
- Awareness through Dhavani
- reading effect
- reading culture
Parent and Community Engagement
Parents and the whole community will have a very important role in the successful implementation of the NIPUN Bharat scheme. Children are at home about 80% of the time. In such a situation, the learning ability of children develops more at home than at school. Efforts will be made by the schools to connect the parents of the children with the education of the children. Various steps will be taken for this. Such as organizing different types of programs in school in which parents are called, connecting parents with children’s education through email, WhatsApp etc., giving home assignments to children so that parents can get this information from time to time. But it will continue to be received that what the children are studying, how they are studying etc.
Different Ways to Connect Family and Community
- conducting a variety of programs
- parent teacher meeting
- Regular activities can also be done in the community
- Workshop on parenting
- Sending parents frequent updates about school activities and child’s progress.
- giving assignments
- Providing information about children’s progress to parents through email, whatsapp etc.
Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
To achieve the target of NIPUN Bharat by the year 2026-27, different targets will be set at the state level. The progress of all these targets will be monitored by the nodal department. Apart from this, financial and technical assistance will also be provided to the state under overall education for the implementation of this scheme. Plans will be made by the states and union territories to achieve their targets. So that the target of basic literacy and numeracy can be achieved by the year 2026-27. The activities of this scheme will be monitored through IT based resources at national level, state level and district level. Which will also include monitoring of children at the field level. Further, the monitoring framework proposed under this scheme is divided into two types. Which is annual monitoring survey and concurrent monitoring.
Need for Research, Evaluation and Documentation
Research, Evaluation and Documentation plays a major role in the implementation of the plan. Through research, it is known that what kind of efforts have to be made to improve education. Through evaluation, it is known how successful the steps taken for the implementation of the plan are and through documentation, all the evidence is recorded. Research, evaluation and documentation is an integral part of NIPUN Bharat. Research and evaluation can be done at national, state, district, block and school level, for which different types of techniques can be used such as active research, process evaluation, impact evaluation etc.
In the year 2023, the NIPUN Bharat Mission Lakshya Yojana will come to an end. The main objectives of the mission have been accomplished, with a total of 7.4 crore beneficiaries being covered. The various schemes and projects implemented under the mission have also helped in boosting rural development, education, health, and employment. Overall, the mission has been a great success and has touched the lives of millions of people across India.
Related post :-